Student Success Committee
Goals, Objectives, and Activities
1. Develop and implement new approaches, and scale and institutionalize successful approaches, for improving students' success in basic skills across the college curriculum, including supporting and scaling learning cohorts and first year programs. (SMP Goals: 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 3c, 3d)
2. Provide ongoing professional learning opportunities to new and continuing faculty that focus on student-centered learning and the resources and tools needed to facilitate student access, retention, and success. (SMP Goals: 5c, 5d)
3. Expand learning opportunities that promote student engagement and that develop personal and civic responsibility. (SMP Goal: 8)
4. Develop programs and services that support diverse groups of students in order to promote student equity in completion of certificates, degrees, and transfer patterns. (SMP Goals: 1a, 1b, 1e)
1. Support, promote, and oversee Achieving the Dream strategy teams:
2. Support, promote, and oversee professional learning opportunities around student success:
3. Support, promote, and oversee the activities outlined in the Equity Plan
4. Support the development of student mentor/mentee programs
5. Support, promote, and oversee the development of a cohesive first year experience program, including:
6. Continue to support and promote the Student Success Workshops and the Student Success Professional Learning Series.
7. Support and promote the development and implementation of the Town Hall project.
8. Support and promote the development and implementation of General Education Pathways project